Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Cheez It Chicken

In our quest to become healthier I have been on the hunt for some yummy and unique dinners that I can make a healthy version of.  I found this delicious recipe on Pinterest...check out the recipe here!
 
The hubs LOVES cheez its...literally would probably eat a box a day if I let him...so I knew he would LOVE this recipe!
 
The recipe calls for 8 chicken tenders, sour cream, cheez its and butter.  I modified it a little and it turned out AWESOME!
 

I started by cutting chicken breasts in half, using a total of 4 chicken breasts to make 8 tenders

Then you roll the chicken tenders around in sour cream, I used light sour cream to make it a touch healthier.

Then you crush up a box of cheez its, I used reduced fat cheez its.

Then you roll the sour cream dipped chicken in the cheez its until they are covered.

Then you place them in an ungreased baking dish, I sprinkled some of the leftover cheez it crumbs over the top.  Then the recipe calls for drizzling 1/2 cup of melted butter over the top, I substituted olive oil instead and used a little less than a quarter cup.
 
Toss it in the oven on 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
 
 
Voila...cheez it chicken!  Tasted delicious!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment