Wednesday, December 18, 2013

House Update!

I know, I know, its been a while since I gave a house update!  Sorry, we have been busy trying to make it feel more homey and working on potty training the new puppy!
 
 
Here is a look at our almost finished kitchen!  All of the major projects are done, HALLELUJAH!  We just need to add a backsplash and finish the electrical work in there! 
 
 
This is my favorite DIY project so far!  I found these cool curtains at Ikea and they were WAYYYY too long!  Our ceilings are vaulted and pretty high in the living room but apparently in Sweden ceilings are to the moon and people need long curtains!  So I picked up some iron on hemming tape at Joann Fabrics and shortened them up to the right length for our house.  Then I added some black silk ribbon over the area that I hemmed up, A. so I could cover up my hemming job and B. to add a little visual interest to the curtains!  I think they turned out awesome considering they only cost $70 all together for 4 curtains!

 
Christmas time has arrived at our house as well!  Josie loves our tree a little too much...she has gone after all of the ornaments and branches!  We picked up some spray that is supposed to help prevent chewing on things...of course our dog likes the spray...what the heck!  Needless to say we have puppy proofed the tree!

 
FA LA LA LA LA LA!

 
We picked up this buffet from Ikea also to store the excessive amount of serving pieces we got as wedding gifts.  Seriously...why didn't someone tell me I didn't need like 151972983728 platters, 84758347589 large bowls and 66345783465 vases...I mean its a little excessive!!

 
This is my favorite part...AHHH a new couch!  I love the chaise on the couch, its my favorite place to sit! 
 
We are slowly but surely getting there with decorating, next up is finally hanging up some pictures all over the house!  Can't wait to have it all done so I can post a complete house tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment