Thursday, September 4, 2014

Dads 70th Birthday Party

My dad turned 70 on July 17th so we had a big party at our house to celebrate...the day after Kayla's bridal shower...yes it was a crazy weekend...I don't know what I was thinking!

We had my whole extended family over so it was basically like a family reunion!  It was so great to see everyone!  We used to do Christmas at my grandmas house every year and that was normally the only time that we had everyone all together.  When she passed we started doing a summer reunion since the holidays are so busy for everyone!  My dad also had some good friends of his over that he has been friends with FOREVER, since before I was born.

I had seen this cute idea on Pinterest to put birthday candles in a vase and fill it with gumballs but let me tell you...gumballs are expensive when you try to buy them in bulk so we settled for some colorful pom-poms and I still got the look I was going for but for way less money!

I made a little basket of lollipops with this funny sign...the kids loved all of the lollipops


More table decor


The birthday boy and his cake!

The weather was steamy all day but surprisingly a lot of people wanted to be outside which was great because we had 25 people and our main floor is not that big!

I made a little basket with goodies for all the kids filled with coloring books, crayons, bubbles, and chalk.  They were easily entertained the whole time!

We had such a great time celebrating out wonderful dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment